Warrnambool College Council and Administration are very conscious of the need to keep costs at a manageable level, and to provide various services to help reduce or offset the expenses involved in starting your child in Year 7. The cost for books and uniforms listed in this information sheet are based on NEW items, based on the 2017 price. Second hand uniforms are also available from the uniform shop. The fees and charges set out are for 2017, however little change is envisaged for 2018.
You will receive a booklist from Warrnambool Books in November which you are required to pay when you collect your books in January. Second-hand books are available on the Sustainable Bookshop Site at: http://www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au. More information will be provided in your booklist pack which will be distributed in November.
College fees and charges are invoiced by December to give families as much notice as possible as payment is required before the commencement of the 2017 school year. Payment Plan options are available via our Compass Package with payments to be finalised by the end of term 2.
Warrnambool College 2017 Subject and Camp Charges
Materials & Services charges, together with Subject Levies for each year level for the 2017 College year were as follows:
|Materials & Activities|
We envisage little change for the 2018 year.
These charges cover items such as: a school planner, Visiting Speakers and Performances, Careers Support, Pathway Planning, Sporting charges for Affiliations, Year 7 College hat, Workbooks, swimming goggles, Wellbeing program and electives such as woodwork, home economics, PE and outdoor education classes.
2017 Warrnambool College Band Levies
(for students who choose to participate in the College Band)
- Band participation is a charge of $115 for Year 7 students and $230 for all other students
- Instrument Hire charge is $200.00 per year
- The Music Academy is optional @ $80.00
Camp costs are payable prior to the camp, a separate invoice will be issued when payment is due. An example of our current camps programs, together with the 2017 costing is as follows:
|Year Level||Camp||Cost - GST Free (Activities)||Cost - GST Inclusive (Catering)|
City Orientation Camp to Melbourne
*There may also be subject specific camps throughout the year
Uniforms will be available from the College Uniform Shop.
|Jacket||$88.00||Summer Dress||$76.00 - $83.00|
|Polo Shirt Short Sleeve||$29.50||Socks||$8.25|
|Polo Shirt Long Sleeve||$32.50||Shirts - Short Sleeve||$27.95|
|Trousers||$49.99 - $54.99||Summer Shorts||$35.95|
|Pullover||$83.99 - $98.99||Pullover VCE||$83.99 - $106.99|
|Hoisery - Single||$8.50||Hoisery - 3 Pack Microfibre Tights||$29.99|
|Hoisery - Single Heavyweight Cotton/Nylon Tights||$11.99 - $13.50||Shirts - Long Sleeve||$29.99|
|Sports Polo||$29.50||Sports Shorts||$33.99|
|Rugby Top||$89.99||Track Pant||$54.95|
Black Leather Polishable Footwear from $135.00
T-‐Bars from $70
NOTE: Prices vary according to size
Polar Fleece Jacket – available from the Uniform Shop.
Some ideas to help plan for uniform costs:
- Lay‐by will be accepted
- Second-hand uniforms are available from the Uniform shop on a regular basis. Dates of trading are available from the General Office
- Arrange with an older child to purchase their outgrown uniform
- State schools relief vouchers are available for year 7 families in receipt of CSEF funding. Please contact the College.
Warrnambool Books is the name of the College’s official book supplier
A list of textbooks, stationery and fees will be issued to children enrolling in the College during November. Payment for these items is due when the booklist is collected late in January. As a result of moving to iPads the booklist costs are minimal.
Warrnambool College Pre-payment Scheme
Warrnambool College operates a partial payment option to help Parents/Guardians meet the cost of school charges. Parents/Guardians are able to make partial payments on a monthly basis through the Compass Payment system.
- You will receive notice of the school fees being online through your Compass home page during November.
- You will have the ability to select the monthly payments option which will allow you to make smaller payments over a 5 month period.
- Families eligible for the Camps, Sports and Excursion Funding are reminded to call into the College to complete the application at the start of the school year.
- For those families who receive Centrelink benefits we also have a facility to enable a portion of your payments to be paid directly to the College to cover your cost.
Further details are available from Mrs Christine Dickson by visiting the College office or phoning 5564 4444 during office hours.