Language Assistants Program
Expressions of interest
Local Indonesian Native-speaker Language Assistants Program 2021
Warrnambool College & Warrnambool East Primary School
The Department of Education seeks to employ a native-speaker language assistant part-time (0.8 FTE) in an Education Support Staff role (range 1.1.3) in accordance with the relevant terms and conditions specified in the Victorian Government Schools Agreement 2017 and are remunerated with a total salary of AUD$47,672 per annum.
The language assistant will:
- participate in classes and activities as determined in consultation with each school’s language assistant coordinator
- participate in planning activities with their school’s language teacher(s) or languages faculty
- provide information and support for the delivery of their schools’ languages program
- assist with the development of resources, including teacher professional learning, to support the delivery of their school’s language programs, and
- participate in professional development activities provided by the DET Languages Unit.
To qualify for the LNLAP, a prospective local native-speaker language assistant must:
- hold a bachelor’s degree (majoring in the relevant target language) and/or possess mother tongue proficiency in the relevant target language
- demonstrate a level of English proficiency equivalent to an IELTS score of no less than 6
- be a permanent resident of Australia or a temporary resident on an appropriate visa that allows for working privileges for the entire duration of 2021*
- hold a valid Working with Children Check at the commencement of their role
- be prepared to work a minimum of 7.6 hours daily for 4 days a week.
Personal experience of the society and culture relevant to the target language is advantageous, but not essential.
Written applications together with cover letter and resume may be forwarded to:
Rebecca Burchell, P O Box 442 Warrnambool, 3280